Animation & Film Studios
Business support for animation and film studios
As you would expect from a firm of chartered accountants, we offer a comprehensive range of accounting and tax services for clients that operate in the animation and film sector. So whether you are planning on starting out on your own, opening a new studio, commencing a new production or the time has come to consider a sale, we can provide you with the support and guidance that you need.
What makes us stand out from the crowd is our genuine interest in you and your business. We take time to understand what is important to you and then tailor our services and advice to your requirements. You may need guidance on the most appropriate tax structure for your new business, help raising funds to expand, guidance on improving your accounting system and KPI reporting or an EMI share option plan to incentivise key staff. Significantly, we also have experience in dealing with the creative industry tax reliefs and credits for the animation and film sectors. We can help with all of these matters and much more, such as;
- Assistance with Business Plans and forecasting
- Company formations
- VAT Registration, VAT returns and VAT advice
- Advice and support with implementation of bookkeeping systems such as Xero
- Company accounts and corporation tax return preparation
- Company secretarial including submission of Confirmation Statement
- Company payroll
- Business Health Checks
- Tax Planning advice
- Advice and support with obtaining BFI certification
- Accountant’s reports to assist with obtaining BFI certification
- Accountant’s / audit reports to assist with obtaining funding
- Animation Tax Relief claims
- Research & Development Tax Relief Claims
- Company share valuations
- Assistance with EIS, SEIS and EMI Options
- Self-Assessment registration and tax return preparation
We have an extensive network of trusted professional contacts who we can introduce to you for help on legal issues, HR, workplace pensions, raising finance and much more.
If this sounds like the type of accountancy firm that you would like to work with, please call us to discuss how we can help you. Please contact Luke Thomas on firstname.lastname@example.org or one of the other directors using this link http://www.plusaccounting.co.uk//why-us/directors/
You can follow Luke Thomas on Twitter @VideoGamesTax
We look forward to hearing from you.
Animation Developer Guides
- The Plus Approach to the Video Games Industry
- Indie Dev Guide 1- Limited Companies
- Indie Dev Guide 2 – Personal Tax
- Indie Dev Guide 3 – VAT
- Indie Dev Guide 4 – Payroll and Workplace Pensions (Auto Enrolment)
- Indie Dev Guide 5 – Digital Tax Accounts and Software
- Indie Dev Guide 6 – Funding your Prototype
- Indie Dev Guide 7 – Corporation Tax
- Indie Dev Guide 8 -R&D Tax Relief Claims for SMEs
- Indie Dev Guide 9 – Animation Tax Relief Claims
- Indie Dev Guide 10 – Understanding your Accounts
- Indie Dev Guide 11 – British Film Institute (BFI) certification
- Indie Dev Guide 12- Business Expenses
Want to learn more?
Get in touch with our in house expert Luke Thomas to see how we can help.
“We have been through several accounting firms in the past and Plus has been by far the best we’ve worked with. They provide all the knowledge and insights required and are extremely helpful.”
Dan Da Rocha
Toxic Games (Ten Hut Games Limited)
Here are our featured sectors
See how we can help you...
We believe in being involved with the local business community and that is why we network extensively, host regular business seminars, write blogs and have many trusted, professional contacts