Chris Morey, Director
Last week we got Luke Thomas to revisit the 10 questions he was asked when he first joined the firm and this time we’ve got fellow Director Chris Morey in the hot seat to do the same thing.
- How long have you worked for Plus Accounting?
I have now worked for Plus Accounting for just over four years. I have previously worked for PricewaterhouseCoopers and Kaplan Financial.
- If you could change one thing in the tax system, what would it be and why?
Abolish inheritance tax. Because of the growth in the value of houses, more and more people are falling into the category of having to pay inheritance tax even though they would not consider themselves to be wealthy.
- If you could give your 18 year old self one piece of advice what would it be?
Attend university, obtain your qualifications, then have some time off to travel and see the world.
- What was your very first job?
I worked for Barclays Bank, North Street, Brighton.
- What hobbies do you have outside of work?
Spending time with my family, watching football and trying to keep fit.
- Is it still a good time to be starting a new business in the current climate?
Definitely. Succeeding in the business world when times are hard will ensure your business is well placed to grow and take advantage of an improving economic climate.
- If you suddenly became financially independent, what would you miss most about your job?
Interaction with people.
- What is the difference between a top ten 10 employer and a smaller firm?
Larger employers can sometimes think of you as a number although opportunities can be more varied. Small firms have a more personal and friendly approach.
- If you could meet a celebrity, dead or alive, who would it be?
- Describe yourself in three words?
A family man.