Emma Hardwick, Plus Advisory Manager
Next up in our series of getting to know some of our longest-serving members of staff is Emma Hardwick!
Emma joined the practice in 2008 as a trainee accountant and subsequently qualified as a Chartered Certified Accountant with the ACCA in August 2015. Emma is now the head of our new Plus Advisory team.
1. How long have you worked for Plus Accounting?
11 years in June 2019
2. If you could change one thing in the tax system, what would it be and why?
Remove inheritance tax, you pay tax all your life unfair to in a way continue when you’re gone
3. If you could give your 18 year old self one piece of advice what would it be?
Don’t look back, life is about the future
4. What was your very first job?
Housekeeping at Worthing Hospital
5.What hobbies do you have outside of work?
Motherhood definitely keeps me on my toes, and not much time for my own hobbies. But I do enjoy my free time socialising with friends and family!
6. Is it still a good time to be starting a new business in the current climate?
Always a good time if you have a good idea, prospects and the correct funding
7. If you suddenly became financially independent, what would you miss most about your job?
My colleagues (obviously!) and the good feeling I get when I can tell I have made a clients life 10 times easier with Xero.
8. What is the difference between a top ten 10 employer and a smaller firm?
You get a closer feel within departments and feel your work is more appreciated
9. If you could meet a celebrity, dead or alive, who would it be?
Jason Statham J and very much alive
10. Describe yourself in three words?
Driven, Passionate, Dedicated