Join us on 26 November for our Workshop ‘Selling or exiting: How to value your business?
Are you thinking of selling your business or exiting due to retirement?
Now is your chance to talk with the experts and understand how to value your business.
Rupert Rawcliffe, Founder of SRC Corporate Finance, an award winning advisor and highly commercial dealmaker will set the M&A scene and focus on how to maximise opportunities for those looking towards an exit.
• Is your business fit for sale – what do buyers look for?
• What is the process and how do you find a buyer?
• What is the value of your business and how can you maximise it?
• Alternatives to selling?
• How is Brexit or a possible change in government influencing the market?
• Top tips on how to prepare your business for sale
Paul Feist, Managing Director of Plus Accounting. He is responsible for overseeing the accounting, tax and advisory services provided to many of the firm’s largest clients, covering a diversified range of businesses.
• Taxation issues and planning strategies including Entrepreneur’s Relief
Karen Lord, Corporate Partner at Healys LLP has 20 years of experience working closely with business owners and will give attendees an insight into the legal side of:
• Getting your business ready for sale
• The sale process
Anthony McGaw is an experienced senior executive and entrepreneur. Anthony was a co-founder of Babel Media, the first dedicated outsource service company to the games industry, taking the company from a three-man start-up to a successful exit in 2008. Subsequently, he became an investor and non-exec director in Liquid Violet (a games dialogue production facility which was successfully sold in 2013). Anthony now runs a small games development studio and a consultancy firm, AOB, helping founders to scale their business.
A tale of two exits – a personal account of taking two companies from start-up through to successful sale
• Building our businesses
• The exit strategy
• How much are we worth!?!
• Preparing to put yourself ‘up for sale’
• A word about advisors
• Hurdles, issues and time sinks
• The aftermath – earn-outs, becoming an employee and when to move on
• 8.45am – Arrival
• 9.00am to 10.15am – Session 1 (Rupert Rawcliffe & Paul Feist)
• 10.15am to 10.30am – Break
• 10.30am to 11.45am – Session 2 (Karen Lord & Anthony McGaw)
• 11.45am to 12pm – Q&A Panel / Finish
The Workshop is aimed at Directors, Business Owners and Finance Managers who are considering how to maximise the wealth they have created. The Workshop gives you the chance to discuss your views, opinions and questions with our expert speakers and with each other.
The Workshop will be held at MyHotel on Jubilee Street, Brighton on Tuesday 26 November. Light refreshments will be available.