The Plus Approach: Blogs

Regular blogs written by Plus Accounting for you...

Off payroll working reforms to be extended from the private sector

01 Nov 18

Since the reforms for off payroll working were introduced for the public sector, there has been the expectation that this would eventually be introduced to the private sector.

The Chancellor's Surprise Giveaway

31 Oct 18

Whether or not you believe the Chancellor is right to say that “Austerity” is coming to an end , he certainly surprised most commentators with a number of his announcements.

Where do you send your self-assessment tax return?

31 Oct 18

If you are submitting a paper self-assessment tax return, you should send it to:
Self Assessment
HM Revenue & Customs

Can self-assessment tax be paid in installments?

31 Oct 18

If you cannot pay your tax on time, you may be able to arrange to pay your self-assessment tax liability in installments. To do this you should contact HM Revenue & Customs on the Business Payment Support Service on 0300 200 3835 or arrange to pay in installments via your Government Gateway account.

Why is Research and Development important?

31 Oct 18

For technology and software companies, research and development is important as they can be the first to market certain products or services which gives them an edge over their competitors.

What are Research and Development UK tax credits?

31 Oct 18

Research and development tax credits are available if the company is engaged in research and development and the company makes a trading loss; either where there was a trading loss before the enhanced R&D expenditure at 230% was applied, or where a trade profit became a loss because of the R&D enhanced expenditure.

Guest Blog: Do it yourself, versus professional help

30 Oct 18

A while ago we wrote a blog about doing work and tasks yourself or getting in professional help. We have gone back to review it and see if we still feel the same. Do you know what, we do!

October Xero Apps Update

29 Oct 18

Take a look at our monthly update on the latest Xero Apps for businesses just like yours.

What is a certificate of residence?

29 Oct 18

A certificate of residence is required to claim tax relief in another country if the company pays tax on its foreign income in the UK. If the company has already paid the tax it may be due a tax refund.

Can a UK company apply for a corporation tax extension?

29 Oct 18

A company is required to file its corporation tax return within 12 months after the end of the accounting period that it covers. A penalty will be payable if the corporation tax return is filed late.

front-register for free updates

Register for Free Updates

Receive free news and advice to help you build a better business