Accounts and Audit
We can prepare accounts and perform audits for all types of business including sole traders, partnerships, and limited liability companies, in any sector of the economy.
Having us prepare and audit your annual accounts has many benefits:
- You receive an accurate account of your true financial position
- We have the opportunity to identify any potential areas of weakness in your business and advise you on appropriate remedial action. You have a professionally documented basis for future finance applications, reports, etc
- You have peace of mind of knowing your accounts fully comply with statutory requirements
- The overall image and reputation of your business is greatly enhanced by your being able to present a professionally prepared set of accounts
Business Tax Planning
We can conduct a full tax review of your business and determine the most efficient tax structure for you. Very often such reviews result in considerable tax savings, which show up as real improvements in your bottom line.
As with any other area of taxation, it is essential to be proactive and plan ahead when dealing with corporation tax.
In this way you can:
- Minimise your corporation tax liabilities
- Make the most of any available reliefs, tax losses and deferment opportunities
- Ensure you meet your deadlines and file your returns correctly, thereby avoiding any potential penalties
In addition to helping you with your corporate tax planning we can also represent you in any communication with the tax authorities.
Why take up valuable time and resources dealing with corporation tax when we can do it for you?
An enquiry by HMRC can be a serious disruption to business and may take a long time to resolve. We run a fee protection scheme for our clients that will cover our fees for conducting all the work necessary in negotiating a settlement with HMRC should you be unfortunate enough to receive either a FULL or an ASPECT enquiry.
Our business clients will also have access to one of the UK's premier Business Support Helplines which could save a great deal of time and money by providing guidance in the areas of Employment and Personnel, Health & Safety and Commercial Legal issues - at no extra cost!
Our scheme is arranged through the market leaders CCH Fee Protection. Having researched the market we believe the benefits their scheme provides are most suited to the demands & needs of our clients.
The last thing you need as a busy business owner is to use up valuable time and resources making sure you are complying with the Companies Act.
Moreover, with company legislation changing at the rate it does, you need to be sure you are fully aware of how the changes affect you and your fellow directors..
We can give you complete peace of mind in this area by carrying out your company secretarial duties for you.
Our services include:
- Company formations
- Preparation and filing of statutory returns
- Preparation of all documentation related to minutes and resolutions
- Maintenance of statutory books
Administering your payroll can be time consuming and burdensome, diverting energy and resources from the core activities of your business. The task is made all the more difficult by the growing complexity of taxation and employment legislation and the accompanying regime of penalties for non-compliance.
We can relieve you of this burden by introducing you to a comprehensive and confidential payroll service, including:
- Customised payslips
- Administration of PAYE, National Insurance, Statutory Sick Pay, Statutory Maternity Pay etc.
- Completion of statutory forms, including: year end returns to issue to your employees and submit to HMRC
- Summaries and analysis of staff costs
- Administration of incentive schemes, bonuses, termination payments and ex-gratia payments
- Administration of pension schemes.
Even if you have only a few employees, you could make savings by asking us for help with adminstering your payroll. Please ask us for more information.
Our payroll services are provided by our strategic partner, Sussex Payroll Services.
When you are trying to focus on running your business, VAT is a burden you can do without. We can keep you up-to-date with current VAT legislation and help you with all your VAT related issues – from registering or deregistering your business to keeping on top of VAT Returns.
We will work with you to make sure you are claiming back VAT where you can (and not claiming it back when you can’t). We will also support you with keeping records of all sales and purchase information.
As with any tax, VAT is not always straightforward. Should any problems arise, we can help you with enquiries from HMRC, as well as providing you with a VAT health check when necessary.
We deal with all aspects of personal tax planning and compliance including preparing and filing self-assessment tax returns.
Our expert advice on income tax and capital gains tax mitigation, combined with consultancy on the taxation aspects of property ownership, retirement and inheritance tax planning will ensure that you and your business are best placed to minimise tax liabilities while remaining compliant at all times.
Cost, Purchase & Supplier Management
We've added a new dimension to our business services! We are now working with Auditel to provide our clients with access to outsourced cost, purchase and supplier management consultancy across a broad range of business cost areas.
We used the service and liked it so much that we decided to introduce it to our clients.
This flexible service is applicable to organisations large and small and in every sector of the economy, from retail, manufacturing and services, to charity, education and healthcare.
If you are spending c£10,000 per year on any one of the following, then the Auditel service will be of value to you.
- Water and sewage
- Business consumables
- Premises costs
- Fleet management
- Environmental and waste management