Free seminar: practicalities of starting up a business
This event is the first in a series of free bespoke seminars that aims to help ‘start-ups’ in Brighton and the surrounding area to grow and develop their businesses. The first event will focus on the careful planning required in order to successfully start a new business.
Expert presentations on:
Practicalities of starting up a business
- Business structures and their legal implications
- - Sole trader; partnership; limited company; social enterprise
- Financial management
- - Record keeping: accounting packages
- Raising finance
- Tax management
- - Registering with HMRC: PAYE and NI; VAT registration
How it can work: First-hand experience from a local entrepreneur
- Luke Thomas, Director, Plus Accounting
Afterwards take the opportunity to network and talk to a chartered accountant business advisor and local Barclays bank representatives for some free business advice. Refreshments will be provided.