Blog categories

6 ways to improve your business performance without increasing sales

You are in business to make a profit, so how do you know you are making a profit?
How do you measure the performance of your business? Using profit and loss is a good indicator of financial results, but there are further ways to assess and improve the business.

Budget Report 2013


Creative Industries; Apps and R&D Workshop

On Tuesday 25 September, Plus Accounting provided a Creative Industries; Apps and R&D Workshop at MyHotel in Brighton.

What The Tech is Making Tax Digital?

As the April 2019 deadline approaches, we ask What The Tech is Making Tax Digital?

My Digital Marketing Apprentice role

On Tuesday 11 September 2018, I started my Digital Marketing apprenticeship at Plus Accounting. Plus Accounting is a firm of chartered accountants, registered auditors and business advisers in Brighton.

Businesses fear a no deal Brexit

Businesses large and small are starting to panic at the prospect of a no deal Brexit and the nightmare scenario that this will bring.

What does the Budget hold in store for Pensions?

With the Budget less than a week away, much of the talk is whether Chancellor Philip Hammond will once again turn to pensions to help fund the Government’s NHS spending commitments.

What are Research and Development UK tax credits?

Research and development tax credits are available if the company is engaged in research and development and the company makes a trading loss; either where there was a trading loss before the enhanced R&D expenditure at 230% was applied, or where a trade profit became a loss because of the R&D enhanced expenditure.

Why is Research and Development important?

For technology and software companies, research and development is important as they can be the first to market certain products or services which gives them an edge over their competitors.

Can self-assessment tax be paid in installments?

If you cannot pay your tax on time, you may be able to arrange to pay your self-assessment tax liability in installments. To do this you should contact HM Revenue & Customs on the Business Payment Support Service on 0300 200 3835 or arrange to pay in installments via your Government Gateway account.

Where do you send your self-assessment tax return?

If you are submitting a paper self-assessment tax return, you should send it to:
Self Assessment
HM Revenue & Customs

Small company accounts disclosure – can it hurt your business?

An important question that directors and shareholders of small companies should ask their accountant is “what should be disclosed in the company’s financial statements?”

Cycle to work scheme

The cycle to work scheme was introduced to encourage cycling to work and reduce environmental pollution by providing tax incentives to employers and employees.

front-register for free updates

Register for Free Updates

Receive free news and advice to help you build a better business