Xero’s new report layout and how it can benefit you
16th August 2016
The good news is that they are now complete and the new reports are live and together in one place. You may have explored these already under the ‘All reports’ section.
Xero’s aim is to provide a platform where it is simple and quick to view financial data. Reports are now grouped into new categories which make it easier to find what you’re looking for.
The reports are now even more customisable, displaying the results which are important to you, the user, as well as your accountant.
The new reports let you:-
- Add, choose or sort your own columns for extra items such as date or budget.
- Change the grouping of accounts and edit formulas.
- Group by tracking category and other information.
- Use filters to hone in on the information you need.
- Save your settings as a custom template.
By having instant reports at your fingertips, it enables all business owners to have a snap shot of their financial data anytime, anywhere.
- Profit and Loss: This is the most commonly used report and it displays your company’s income minus expenses, which is your net profit before any tax deducted. Knowing your company’s profit over time allows you to project earnings and make realistic plans for the future.
- Cashflow: Operating cash flow offers a report to keep an eye on the levels of cash within your business. This figure is calculated by subtracting your operating expenses from the money your company generates during normal business activities and adjusts for working capital movements like receivables, loans and inventory. When your operating cash inflow exceeds your cash outflow, this is a sign that you are increasing your cash balance. If the reverse is true, it’s time to take a closer look at your income and expenses to ensure you don’t get into cash flow problems.
Why not take a look at Xero’s short video to find out more.
If you don’t currently operate Xero and are interested in a free Demo or would like to discuss how a change in accounting package could benefit you please feel free to contact me on firstname.lastname@example.org or 01273 701200
Any views or opinions represented in this blog are personal, belong solely to the blog owner and do not represent those of Plus Accounting. All content provided on this blog is for informational purposes only. The owner of this blog makes no representations as to the accuracy or completeness of any information on this site or found by following any link on this site.