SME Auto Enrolment - is your business ready?
26th May 2015
The law on workplace pensions has changed.
Every employer with at least one member of staff now has new duties, including enrolling those who are eligible into a workplace pension scheme and contributing towards it.
Ideally, you should allow up to 12 months to prepare.
Remember, automatic enrolment is your legal duty and if you don't act you could be fined.
We held our third workshop of 2015 on 26 May and this was hosted by James Cunningham from HB Cranfield Wealth Management and Debbie Francis from Burt Brill & Cardens who looked at the tasks required to be completed in order to comply with the auto enrolment legislation.
We worked our way through the following questions;
- What is auto enrolment?
- How do I find out my staging date?
- What options are available to me as an employer?
- How do I know if I am exempt?
- Does it make a difference if I have weekly and/or monthly paid staff?
- Will this affect my employee contracts?
- Are there any new legislations/changes that I should be aware of?
To see the full presentation - click here