How do I switch to Xero?
7th March 2017
Are you thinking about converting from an existing bookkeeping package? Are you new to bookkeeping and thinking about cloud accounting? The process doesn’t have to be scary – we can help!
If you are a trading business you can switch to cloud computing either part way through your accounting year or at your year end. In order to keep your accounting records as accurate as possible, we would suggest transferring at your financial year end, or the start of a new VAT return period.
If you are not currently using a cloud computing package, then there is no better time to switch, and we can talk you through the most suitable digital package options available to you.
At Plus Accounting we have a number of Xero Certified Advisers available to assist you - we have dealt with various client on-boarding cases and can customise Xero to your individual business requirements.
Are you thinking about switching?
We think now is the perfect time to review your current accounting system and compare it to the capabilities of Xero, especially with HMRC’s forthcoming Making Tax Digital requirements coming into force from April 2018.
Why not take a look at the free trial or ask us for a free 30 minute demonstration, where we can review how Xero can work for you. There are a number of videos available on our website which show you some of the main features of the software.
Before you commence your conversion to Xero you need to decide upon the following;
- Decide if you want your historical information imported or if you want to start from a fresh balance sheet position.
- Get your standard data out of your previous system; this will include Chart of Accounts, Contacts and Fixed Assets.
- If you are going to start from a fresh balance sheet position you will need to set your conversion date, and balances from a closing trial balance.
- If you are going to import your data you need to set your conversion date, export and import the following data:-
*Sales and Purchase invoices
*Bank statement transactions
*Ensure you reconcile your historical bank transactions and VAT returns
- Set up your Xero organisation.
If you are thinking of switching to Xero and you would like some advice, please contact a Xero Certified Adviser.